Los Angeles Association of Health Underwriters (LAAHU) is your industry association. Join other health insurance professionals in the Los Angeles basin to:
- -Protect and increase your business
- -Keep up with the rapid changes in the health care marketplace - new laws, products and services
- -Provide a high level of service to your clients
- -Help your clients comply with current laws and regulations
- -Protect our industry and the private insurance marketplace
- -Help shape healthcare policy
- -Participate in grass roots efforts to influence health care legislation
- -Learn from industry leaders through our programs, meetings and publications
- -Give back to an industry that has provided for you
- -Enhance your professionalism
- -Be a leader in our industry
- -Share ideas and information with your colleagues
Your membership includes membership in the California Association of Health Underwriters (CAHU) and the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU).
What LAAHU Offers You:
Programs/Continuing Education: Programs cover:
- -Product and service developments,
- -Practical advice and tools for you to comply with existing laws and regulations,
- -Current and pending laws and regulations that affect your business and your clients,
- -Sales and marketing opportunities, tools and techniques, and
- -Market conditions that directly affect us.
Most programs provide continuing education certification as required by the Department of Insurance.
Legislative Advocacy: LAAHU membership gives you:
- -A full-time lobbying presence in Sacramento and Washington, D.C.
- -A powerful voice in affecting health care legislation and regulations
- -An opportunity to directly impact health care legislation through our Adopt-a-Legislator and Operation Shout programs
- -Networking and sales training opportunities
-Our publications, websites and web seminars deliver information directly to you at your office.
- -Read ACTIONLINE, LAAHU's award-winning magazine, The STATEment, CAHU's magazine and HIU, NAHU's monthly magazine, for event calendars, legislative updates and timely industry articles.
- -Visit our website, www.laahu.org, for more information about us and our events and links to other industry websites.
- -Participate in NAHU web seminars on current hot topics.
- -Visit NAHU Broker to Broker - NAHU B2B to share ideas with other agents. Click on Member's Area and Online Networking at www.nahu.org to register.
- -Education/Professional Designations: LAAHU will help you form a study group to pass the written examinations for:
- -RHU (Registered Health Underwriter)
- -REBC (Registered Employee Benefits Consultant)
- -Professionalism/Leadership Training from continuing education programs, publications, networking, and training opportunities at local, regional and national conferences.
- -Develop a Positive Image for our Industry: LAAHU, through public charitable events and media/public relations activities, helps us develop a positive image in the communities in which we serve.
Conferences and Special Events:
- -LAAHU's Annual Sales Conference is the largest sales conference for the insurance industry in the country. Visit many vendors with product and service information and hear presentations by industry leaders on current "hot topics."
- -LAAHU's Annual Charity Golf Tournament is always a special event. A portion of the tournament proceeds are donated each year to a charitable organization.
- -CAHU's Day at the Capitol in Sacramento includes presentations by legislators influential in health care policy issues, legislative updates by CAHU's legislative team, and visits to our state legislators to express our views and concerns on health care coverage.
- -NAHU's Capitol Conference in Washington, D.C., offers timely information from key national health care policy makers and affords participants an opportunity to speak with their Congressional representatives about health care policy issues.
CAHU's DATC and NAHU's Cap Conference offer one of the most powerful experiences we can have - to participate directly in the democratic process!
Recognition for Excellence:
LPRT (Leading Producers Round Table) for agents/brokers and general agents with substantial sales volume.
LAAHU Leadership Awards: The Paladin Leadership Award is LAAHU's highest honor and recognizes a champion in our industry. The LAAHU Legislative Excellence Award is given to a member of the Legislative Committee who meets 9 specific criteria. The award is only given when a member meets these criteria including clearly demonstrating a commitment above and beyond typical involvement.