DEI - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Learn more about LAAHU & NAHU DEI
• Foster a welcoming environment where all people feel valued for their individual contributions
• Raise awareness of any harassment, discriminatory, or bullying behaviors, biased or unbiased, and how to identify and mitigate them
• Develop education programs that align with the diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and NAHU Vision & Strategic Plan 2025
Our Mission and Purpose
To provide diversity, equity and inclusion experiences that actively engages us in learning from each other to mitigate unconscious bias, educate on racial injustice, exclude discrimination of all forms, increase equity, and foster inclusion throughout the National Association of Health Underwriters.
What Drives NAHU’s DEI Mission?
Hear what NAHU’s servant leadership has to say about best practices, institutional training, and state DEI requirements.
Listen to NAHU President Dane Rianhard, Professional Development Council Chair Susan Rider and DEI Chair Wayne Guzman discuss:
1. Why DEI was an initiative for Dane’s presidency
2. How we transformed a taskforce into a NAHU committee
3. Why it was important for the BOT to lead by example to learn more about DEI
4. What resources are now available
LAAHU's Mentor and Allyship Program Aims to Attract Young Talent
CAL BROKER approached LAAHU's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) committee members to learn more about their Mentor and Allyship Program Adopt-A-Community College effort, and how this can be an important recruitment strategy for your agency.